You are entitled to increased reimbursement of healthcare expenditure and you have a parking card for people with disabilities
Your vehicle is not admitted to the LEZ, you get increased reimbursement of healthcare and you have a parking card for disabled people
Table of contents
Are you driving a vehicle that cannot enter the low emission zone? If your situation meets the conditions below, you can get an exemption. It allows you to register your vehicle free of charge.
The registration is valid in all Flemish cities with a low emission zone (Ghent and Antwerp) until the validity of the required documents with a maximum of 5 years.
Attention: if your right to an increased reimbursement expires in the meantime, your exemption will also be terminated. In that case, you will no longer be able to drive the LEZ with this vehicle.
- you have a parking card for people with disabilities
- you receive increased reimbursement of healthcare expenditure
- the vehicle is registered in the applicant's name or in the name of a family member living at the same address as the applicant.
Registration is free.
Note: If you register a new vehicle with that number plate, the registration expires. You will then have to register again.
- your registration document
- your parking card for people with disabilities (front and back)
- the certificate from your health insurance fund (maximum 3 months old) confirming that you are entitled to increased reimbursement of healthcare expenditure
- proof of domicile of the owner of the number plate
- proof of domicile of the disabled person
Note: The decision regarding your request is only final once you have received a confirmation. Processing your request can take up to 14 days. If you enter the Ghent low emission zone before having received confirmation, you do so at your own risk. If it appears afterwards that your request was denied because you did not meet all requirements, you can be fined. You are therefore advised to register in advance.