You are entitled to increased reimbursement of healthcare expenditure and you have a parking card for people with disabilities
Your vehicle is not admitted to the LEZ, you get increased reimbursement of healthcare and you have a parking card for disabled people
Register your vehicle
You have to use the check tool first. Enter your vehicle's number plate and date of first registration. Answer the questions. If you meet the requirements, you can register the vehicle free of charge.First check - then register
Table of contents
Are you driving a vehicle that cannot enter the low emission zone? If your situation meets the conditions below, you can get an exemption. It allows you to register your vehicle free of charge.
The registration is valid in all Flemish cities with a low emission zone (Ghent and Antwerp) until the validity of the required documents with a maximum of 5 years.
Attention: if your right to an increased reimbursement expires in the meantime, your exemption will also be terminated. In that case, you will no longer be able to drive the LEZ with this vehicle.
- you have a parking card for people with disabilities
- you receive increased reimbursement of healthcare expenditure
- the vehicle is registered in the applicant's name or in the name of a family member living at the same address as the applicant.
- your registration document
- your European Certificate of Conformity if applicable
- your parking card for people with disabilities
- the certificate from your health insurance fund (maximum 3 months old) confirming that you are entitled to increased reimbursement of healthcare expenditure
- proof of domicile of the owner of the number plate
- proof of domicile of the disabled person
Register your vehicle online. Need some help? Take a look at the frequently asked questions or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or +32 9 210 10 30.
Register your vehicle no later than 1 day after entering the low emission zone. This ensures that your number plate appears on the list of allowed vehicles in time and prevents you from being fined.
Note: The decision regarding your request is only final once you have received a confirmation. Processing your request can take up to 14 days. If you enter the Ghent low emission zone before having received confirmation, you do so at your own risk. If it appears afterwards that your request was denied because you did not meet all requirements, you can be fined. You are therefore advised to register in advance.