How much is the fine?
How much is the fine, how can you contest a fine and do you qualify for late registration?
- How much do you have to pay?
- Contesting a fine
- Do you qualify for a late registration?
- No fine in case of diversions
You have contested a fine. What to do next?
A fines officer will check whether your objection is justified within 90 days. You do not have to pay the fine as long as you have not received a communication on the matter.
- Your objection has been declared justified? You do not have to pay the administrative fine.
- Your objection has been declared unjustified? You have to pay the fine within 30 days after being informed by the fines officer.
Have you received a LEZ fine for your vehicle for the first time, does the fine relate to violation of or after 15 June 2020 and does your vehicle meet the conditions listed below?
- Vehicles with a foreign number plate that meets the standards.
- Vehicles of people with disabilities that do not meet the standards but qualify for an exemption.
- Vehicles with a higher Euro standard than the standard indicated in the LEZ data base.
- Agricultural vehicles with maximum capacity of 130 kW
- Mobile crane
- Abnormal load
In that case your vehicle qualifies for late registration. Please note that the late registration must be completed at the latest 30 calendar days following receipt of the fine. For the late registration you have to pay a fee of 75.00 euro, which also has to be paid in time. The fines officer can only drop the original LEZ fine if the registration is approved and the fee is paid in time. However, if you already received a warning or a LEZ fine relating to this vehicle, you do not qualify for late registration.
If you qualify for late registration, you have to follow this procedure:
- Register your vehicle at the latest 30 days after having received your LEZ fine. Registration in the LEZ data base is only valid if it has been approved. You should take into account the fact that it takes 14 days to process your registration.
- File your objection at the latest 30 days after having received your LEZ fine, stating that you made a late registration, and add all relevant documents.
- If your objection is accepted, the fines officer will inform you and ask you to pay a fee of 75.00 euro.
- If you pay the fee in time, your fine will be dropped. If you do not pay the fee in time, there will no further possibility to pay it and the fine can no longer be dropped.