Register in time an abnormal load with a valid permit from the Flemish Roads and Traffic Agency that doesn't meet the LEZ entry requirements
It is currently not yet possible to register this vehicle online. This means you will have to make an appointment. Call us at +32 9 210 10 30.
Table of contents
Do you want to enter the low-emission zone with an abnormal load? Please check your vehicle in advance with the online tool.
- You are allowed to enter? Your vehicle is granted access automatically. You do not have to do anything.
- You are not allowed to enter? You can register the abnormal load if the vehicle meets the conditions mentioned below. The registration is free of charge and valid in all Flemish cities with a low emission zone (Antwerp end Ghent) until 31 December 2024. You can apply for an extension for the next time period. The registration is not valid for the LEZ in Brussels.
Abnormal loads are vehicles that exceed specific dimensions because of their construction or the indivisible load they carry. Abnormal loads require a valid permit issued by the Flemish Roads and Traffic Agency.
- your vehicle's registration document
- the valid permit issued by the Flemish Roads and Traffic Agency
- picture with clearly visible number plate and abnormal load features (features as set out in Article 32 bis, Chapter 6 of the Royal Decree of 15 March 1968)
Make an appointment (+32 9 210 10 30) if you want to register your vehicle.
Register your vehicle no later than 1 day after entering the low-emission zone. This ensures that your number plate appears on the list of allowed vehicles in time and prevents you from being fined.