Vlag Oekraïne

Residence permits for Ukrainians

People who arrive in Ghent from the Ukraine, are eligible for temporary protection. Read about the procedure and find out how to apply.

Deze pagina in het Nederlands         Ця сторінка українською мовою

If you are Ukranian and you are staying in Ghent, you can apply for temporary protection as displaced persons. Here is how.

Registration in Brussels

  • To register, present your identity documents at the registration centre in Brussels.
  • The Immigration Department will immediately give you a certificate of temporary protection, unless additional research is required for your file.

Temporary residence permit

  • Do you have your temporary protection certificate and an address in Ghent? Make an appointment with the Migration Desk at AC Zuid. Keep in mind: you need 1 appointment per family member, including any children.
  • You will receive a temporary residence permit (annex 15).
  • If you have a permanent address, the police will check if you actually live there.
  • Did you receive a letter with pin and PUK codes? Make an appointment online at the Migration Desk in AC Zuid to apply for your residence permit (type A, valid until March 4th 2023).
  • Did you receive a letter with pin and PUK codes? Take this letter to the pick-up desk (Afhaalbalie) in the City Office (Stadskantoor) to collect your residence permit (type A, valid until 4 March 2024). You don't need an appointment to collect your permit.  

Extension of your temporary residence permit

Do you have an A-card that is valid until 4 March 2023? Then you can have it extended by 1 year from 4 January 2023, i.e. until 4 March 2024.

To do so, make an appointment at Migration in the City Office.


Do you have questions?

For general information: go to this federal website or call the call centre on 02 488 88 88. 

For information about your stay in Ghent: contact the Migration Info Point.