Residence permits for Ukrainians
People who arrive in Ghent from the Ukraine, are eligible for temporary protection. Read about the procedure and find out how to apply.
If you are Ukranian and you are staying in Ghent, you can apply for temporary protection as displaced persons. Here is how.
Registration in Brussels
- To register, present your identity documents at the registration centre in Brussels.
- The Immigration Department will immediately give you a certificate of temporary protection, unless additional research is required for your file.
Temporary residence permit
- Do you have your temporary protection certificate and an address in Ghent? Make an appointment with the Migration Counter at the Stadskantoor. Keep in mind: you need 1 appointment per family member, including any children.
- You will receive a temporary residence permit (annex 15).
- If you have a permanent address, the police will check if you actually live there.
- Did you receive a letter with pin and puk codes? Take this letter to Burgerzaken - Afhaalbalie Stadskantoor to collect your residence permit (type A, valid until 4 March 2024). You don't need an appointment to collect your permit.