Online appointments at Migration or a service centre
Make an appointment online at Migration, for example to start your procedure or extend a residence card.
Due to busy times, we cannot immediately answer your e-mail or pick up the phone.
If you have emailed, you may rest assured that you will get an answer. It will just take a little longer. You don't have to email or call again.
Make a phone call and get no one on the line? Try again later.
If you still have questions about the start-up of your file, be sure to contact Infopunt Migratie first. They will guide you through the complex legislation and help you find the most appropriate way to register as a non-Belgian in Ghent.
You can start your residence file, submit the necessary documents and apply for a residence permit at Migration or a service centre.
I want to register in Ghent
If you are staying in Ghent as a non-Belgian, you have to register with the municipality. You also have to do so if you have been staying here for less than 3 months.
I want to make an appointment for my residence card
When do you need to make an appointment?
- Your residence card has expired and you need to apply for a new one.
- You have lost your residence card.
Please note! You must bring the proof from the police.
- The chip on your residence card no longer works.
- You want to apply for or renew a child's card.
- You want to switch to an EU+ or F+ card.
You can also email email@example.com for this, then you do not need to make an appointment.
- You want to switch to a K- or L-card.
You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org for this, in which case you do not need to make an appointment.
- You want to extend your Annex 35.
Do you need to collect your residence card at the Stadskantoor, Gentbrugge, Nieuw-Gent or Sint-Amandsberg? If so, you do not need to make an appointment.
Do you need to collect your residence card at another service centre? Then you need to make an appointment!
I want to act as guarantor (annex 3bis or 32)
Do you want to act as guarantor for someone coming to Belgium for a short time? Then you need an annex 3bis.
If you want to act as guarantor for a student, you need an annex 32.
You must have both guarantees legalised at Migration at the City Office or at a service centre.
I have applied for international protection (asylum)
If you have applied for international protection, you may need 1 of these things:
- You want to have a certificate of immatriculation (orange card) issued or renewed.
- You have been recognised as a refugee or you have been granted subsidiary protection status and you want to apply for your residence card.
- You have been recognised as a refugee and want to update your personal data. Therefore, bring the documents you received from the Office of the Commissioner General for Refugees and Stateless Persons.
Do you prefer not to make an appointment for this? Mail your documents to email@example.com.
I need to submit additional documents
Sometimes you need to submit additional documents for your procedure. For example, if you already have an annex 19 or 19ter, if you want to renew your A card, or if you want to change your details in the national register.
I am a Ukrainian
Do you have an attestation of temporary protection? Then you are entitled to an annex 15 and a type A residence card.
Is your residence card valid until 4 March 2024? Do not forget to extend your residence card.