Waste Management for students
How to efficiently manage your waste.
Hints for smooth waste management at your student room
- Display the collection calendar in a clearly visible place.
- Appoint a waste management co-ordinator or draw up a rota.
- Read our guidelines on waste management.
Ask for the waste collection calendar
An exception to the rule applies when you live in one of the 46 streets where the waste is only collected from 11 am. In these streets, rubbish should only be put out on the day of collection from 5 am. Check the list of the 46 streets.
Purchase of IVAGO bags
Shop (Woodrow Wilsonplein 1) and at IVAGO (Proeftuinstraat 43).
Just do it!
- Carry your shopping in a reusable bag.
- Don’t buy overpacked products.
- Choose fresh vegetables and fruits.
- Opt for beer and soft drinks in bottles with deposit.
- Opt for water from the tap: in general, excellent drinking water. Apart from that, it is much cheaper than bottled water and you have no waste.
- Ask for a “geen reclamedrukwerk” letterbox sticker (no advertising) at IVAGO (Proeftuinstraat 43) or at the City Shop (Woodrow Wilsonplein 1).