How to pay
Pay to the City of Ghent, PSWC Ghent, AMC Arts & Design, AMC Heritage, Police Zone Ghent, Rescue Area Ghent and IT partner Disctrict09.
You can pay:
- Online via the relevant platform of your choice when requesting a product (follow your bank's payment instructions)
- By transfer to the account number stated on your payment notice (tax notice, parking ticket, invoice, etc.), reminder or reminder notice
- Electronically via a bank card (debit or credit card: Bancontact, Maestro, Mastercard and Visa) at the relevant counter
- Contactless via NFC technology
- Mobile payment via your smartphone
- Via cash at the relevant counter via payment terminal (electronic and contactless payment is encouraged)
- To the bailiff if we have transferred your outstanding debt to him (attention, there are high additional costs)
Please note: you can no longer pay by cheque from now on. We therefore no longer accept foreign cheques either. We advise you to make your payment via a free SEPA transfer.
Always use the structured communication with the payment.
This structured communication enables your payment to be processed automatically. This ensures that your situation is updated quickly.
The standard payment term is 30 days from invoice date or payment reminder for most services and goods.
If you do not pay by the due date of your debt, you will receive a first reminder. Failing payment or no response after this reminder will result in a reminder with an additional charge of EUR 25. This additional cost will only be charged if provided for in the relevant regulations.
If you have an outstanding debt that you cannot pay or cannot pay at once, then perhaps an installment plan is the solution?
For this, contact the relevant service mentioned on the letter immediately on receipt of the invoice or payment invitation. It is very important that you do this as soon as possible. This way, you avoid mounting extra costs.
You made a payment to the City of Ghent by mistake? An amount was withdrawn from your account by the City of Ghent? You request a refund or more information?
What is an erroneous or wrong payment?
- You deposited an amount/payment to the City of Ghent twice?
- You deposited an amount to the City of Ghent that was not actually intended for the City of Ghent (but for the Province, for example)?
- An amount was (automatically) withdrawn from your account by the City of Ghent (e.g. a direct debit by your child's school)?
What information is needed to get a refund?
Both for providing more information about a payment to the City of Ghent and for carrying out a quick and correct refund, please provide the following details:
- First name and surname
- Details of the amount
- The account number (IBAN) from where you deposited the money
- The account number of the City to which you deposited the money
- Date of payment
- The (structured) communication of the payment
Please allow for a refund period of approximately 6 weeks.