If you wrongfully park your car or do not pay your parking session, then you will receive a parking fine.
Registration plate check
The City of Ghent makes use of modern parking meters, at which you enter your license plate number. You will not have to place a ticket behind the windshield. If you wrongfully park your car or forget to pay for your parking spot, you will receive a fine. Traffic wardens will use a registration plate scanning device to determine whether you've paid for your parking spot or have the right to park at a certain spot.
Why did you receive a fine? What does it cost?
You receive a fine if you do not pay for your parking session or do not have a valid permit.
- EUR 30: when you do not pay for your parking session or place your blue disk in the blue zone. The fine gives you a parking right for the next 3 hours. You may receive several parking fines per day.
- EUR 80: some places are reserved only for residents ('bewoners'), car sharing permit holders ('autodelen') and stall holders ('marktkramers'). These places are indicated with local or zonal parking signs. If you park in such places and you do not have a valid permit, you will be fined. The fine is valid for 3 hours. You may receive several parking fines per day.
How to pay your fine
The full amount has to be paid within 14 days. The amount can be paid by bank transfer to
- Bank account number: BE53 0910 1965 4653
- Swift code: BIC GKCCBEBB
- Bank address: Belfius Bank – Pachecolaan 44, 1000 Brussels
- Make sure you mention the reference as indicated on the ticket.
You can also pay your ticket at the offices of Mobiliteitsbedrijf Stad Gent (Sint-Michielsplein 9, 9000 Gent).
We do not accept payment by creditcard.
How to ask questions about your fine?
If you do not agree or if you have questions about your fine, please contact us by e-mail (email@example.com) or call us: +32 9 266 28 30.