You have an adapted vehicle
Your vehicle is not allowed to enter and has been adapted to your disability. You own a parking card for people with disabilities.
Are you driving a adapted vehicle that cannot enter the low emission zone? If your vehicle or situation meets the conditions below, you can get an exemption. It allows you to register your vehicle free of charge.
The registration is valid in all Flemish cities with a low emission zone (Ghent and Antwerp) until 31/12/2024 or until the validity of the required documents. The registration is not valid for the LEZ in Brussels.
- your vehicle has been adapted to your disability. A removable steering ball, power steering or automatic gears are not accepted as modifications to the vehicle for this exemption.
- you have a parking card for people with disabilities
- This family member needs to be registered at the same address as the disabled person.
Registration is free.
Note: If you register a new vehicle with that number plate, the registration expires. You will then have to register again.
- your registration document
- your parking card for people with disabilities (front and back)
- proof of adaptation of the vehicle to the disability: (individual) approval certificate issued by the FPS (Federal Public Service) for Mobility or any other competent government body
- proof of domicile of the owner of the number plate
- proof of domicile of the disabled person
Note: The decision regarding your request is only final once you have received a confirmation. Processing your request can take up to 14 days. If you enter the Ghent low emission zone before having received confirmation, you do so at your own risk. If it appears afterwards that your request was denied because you did not meet all requirements, you can be fined. You are therefore advised to register in advance.