Vehicle of a disabled person
Some vehicles of people with disabilities can be registered if they do not meet the entry requirements.
Step 1: check your vehicle
- Do you drive a vehicle that meets the entry requirements? Your vehicle is granted access automatically. You do not have to do anything.
- Your vehicle is not allowed to enter? Go to step 2.
Step 2: does your vehicle or your situation meets one of the descriptions below?
- your vehicle has been adapted to your disability and you have a parking card for people with disabilities
- you receive increased reimbursement of healthcare expenditure and you have a parking card for people with disabilities
- your vehicle is fitted with a wheelchair system
- your vehicle is used for 'special public transport services for people with disabilities'
Yes? In that case you can register your vehicle free of charge. This is possible until 1 day after you have entered the LEZ. You are then allowed to enter all low emission zones in Flandres (Ghent and Antwerp) and this as long as your registration is valid. So be sure to check your end date! Do you still want to drive in the LEZ afterwards? Please check whether you are eligible for a new registration. Or look for an alternative.
No? Go to step 3.