Permit: Visitors of residents
Residents can register visitors online. Your visitors will be granted access to the restricted traffic area for the duration of the visit.
Who are you (= the applicant)
- You are domiciled in the restricted traffic area;
- You are planning on moving to the restricted traffic area and you have submitted a change of address.
Who do you request a visitor permit for (= the user)?
- For your visitors;
- For contractors and suppliers who do not hold a permit;
- For the registration of a shared car you use.
You need a permit for:
- loading and unloading;
- picking up or dropping off people;
- Driving to a garage or parking space in the restricted traffic area to park the vehicle.
How to request access to the online registration tool?
- You can request access to the online registration tool through the online service desk; Access is granted for one year and is automatically renewed in case your domicile remains unchanged;
- You registeren the vehicles of your visitors yourself in the online registration tool;
- Each registration is linked to a licence plate;
- Residents of one or more families living at the same domicile address (such as cohousing), make a mutual decision who will request access;
- You may change the licence plate indicated in a registration up to three times a day (for example for another visitor that will use the same space that day).
Take a look at our instructional video:
How many vehicles may I register?
- A maximum of two vehicles per domicile address, regardless of the number of residents;
- If all residents of the same domicile address have more than 2 garages or parking spaces at their disposal, you will be able to register one additional vehicle per additional garage or parking space.
- Visitors registered in the online registration tool can enter the restricted traffic area in which the residence or parking is located all day (24/24). Please be aware that visitors may only enter the restricted traffic area through the entry points associated with that specific restricted traffic area;
- If a resident wishes to register a visitor to make use of a garage or parking space you have at your disposal, you will have to present a certificate of ownership or a rental agreement;
- Vehicles of visitors must be registered the day of their visit. You can also register a visitor after arrival;
- If you are planning to move to a restricted traffic area and you already submitted a change of address, you will receive a permit for 3 months which may be renewed once;
A permit does not grant permission to park in a restricted traffic area. Parking in the restricted traffic area is strictly prohibited. You may only park your car in your garage or parking space located in the restricted traffic area.