Permit: Loading and unloading
Loading and unloading in the restricted traffic area in Ghent.
Here you can find more information about the policy for obtaining a permit to load and unload in the restricted traffic area.
- An employer, hotel or catering business or a commercial business in the restricted traffic area, without any garages or parking spaces of your own.
- A hotel or catering business in the restricted traffic area: you need to load and unload because of an extra activity at your business (for example: musicians who come to collect or drop off instruments or other materials)
- A supplier who is not established in the restricted traffic area and does not have access to a garage or parking space in the restricted traffic area.
- A resident of the restricted traffic area who is not domiciled in that zone (for example: students in student accommodation, or consuls and diplomats), who does not have access to a garage or parking space, for example when you need to transport large purchases.
Why do you need a permit?
- If you load or unload goods, working materials or raw materials in the restricted traffic area.
- If you have a company in the restricted traffic area where goods, working materials or raw materials are loaded or unloaded.
How do you request a permit?
- Through the online service desk: www.stad.gent/autovrijgebied/vergunningen
- When requesting a permit at the online service desk, please mention the start and end date (you will not be given a permit for longer than necessary).
- You can request a permit for several vehicle registration plates at the online service desk.
What are the features, conditions and limitations of the permit?
- You can only enter the restricted traffic area for which the permit is valid at specific times:
- From 6 p.m until 11 a.m. in all restricted traffic areas, except the restricted traffic area around the Overpoortstraat.
- From 5 a.m. until 7 p.m. in the restricted traffic area around the Overpoortstraat.
- The permit is linked to a vehicle registration plate.
- The permit is only valid on the days on which the permit is allowed.
- Your permit is valid for 1 year maximum and can be renewed at the online service desk.
- The Crossroads Bank for Enterprises (KBO, Kruispuntbank voor Ondernemingen) will be consulted to check that your main activity is that of a supplier, hotel and catering business or commercial business.
- You are free to choose the section, and therefore also the access route, from where you want to enter the restricted traffic area.