Residence document for mobility students

Are you a mobility student, e.g. within the context of the Erasmus Mundus-programme? Apply for your residence document.

Note: Will you start your mobility programme in Belgium and do you have a visa D? In that case, follow this procedure.

What are the conditions?

  • You take part in a mobility programme.
  • You are registered in another EU Member State.
  • You will be studying at a Belgian university or university college for at least 1 semester.

What will you need?

  • Your national passport.
  • A valid residence card or the EU-country where you are studying.
  • 'Kennisgeving mobiliteit' which you will receive from the university or university college.
  • Proof of enrolment 'model van standaardformulier'.
  • 1 passport photo (not older than 6 months)

What do you have to do?

Use the e-form and upload the necessary documents.

You will receive a confirmation e-mail after we have received your application.

Which document will you receive?

You will receive an annex 33 as a residence document. With an annex 33 you will not be entered in the National Register and you will not be domiciled in Belgium. Your principal place of residence will remain abroad. 

The annex 33 is valid for the duration of the mobility in Belgium and is not extendable.

When will you receive the annex 33?

After your file is processed, you will receive a digital version of the annex 33 in your mailbox.