Registration in the city, application for a residence document and renewal of a residence document

On this page you can register in the municipality.

Every person without the Belgian nationality who is coming to Belgium in order to study, must have a student residence permit. EU-nationals and nationals from a country belonging to the European Economic Area benefit from more lenient residence regulations.

Use the online application form to register.

You can find extra information on this subject in the documents below.

Read more on the registration, application and renewal procedure of your residence document

EU citizens, EEA nationals and Swiss nationals PDF (558.27 KB)