Preventive actions to fight the coronavirus and how to stay connected
These past few days a lot of measures have been taken in order to stop the spread of the corona virus. Here you’ll find a list of things you should do yourself:
- Maintain a distance of at least one and a half metres between yourself and other people. Do not shake hands.
- Respect the hygienic guidelines. Wash your hands frequently and stay at home if you feel unwell.
- Avoid the company of people from different age brackets, even at home. Parties with family and friends are forbidden.
- Avoid going out in public unless absolutely necessary.
- Take care of each other and especially of vulnerable people.
Would you like to talk to someone or do you feel lonely?
Your school will make an appointment with one of their student psychologists or counsellors:
- University Ghent: mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 093310031
- HOGENT: mail email@example.com
- Artevelde University of Applied Sciences: contacts can be found here:
- Odisee & KU Leuven Faculty of Engineering Technology: you can mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- LUCA School of Arts & KU Leuven Faculty of Architecture: www.luca-arts.be/nl/student-support-services
- For all international students who would like to talk to someone: https://www.chsbelgium.org/en/index.php/helpline/helpline-how-we-can-help-you
You want to stay in shape?
If you want to practice sports, follow Gent Sport on Facebook: on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays you can do a little workout. You can go out for a run or a bike ride as well, on your own or with one friend at the most. Be sure to maintain a distance of at least one and a half metres between yourself and other people.
How do you keep in touch with fellow students, friends or family?
- Keep in touch through Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram and other social media
- Pick up your phone or send each other a letter
Would you like to exchange experiences with fellow students?
You cannot meet in real life, but you can find each other through the KLIK app and meet online.
You want to assist others or could you use some help?
You can offer or ask for help by putting a short message in your neighbours’ mailbox or displaying it in your window. You can download the documents here.