Do you want to make some money? Look here for more information on student jobs in Ghent.
When are you allowed to work?
Students who are nationals of EU member state + Norway, Iceland, Switzerland and Liechtenstein
You need a:
- National Register or Identity Number
- You do not need a work permit
Students who are not nationals of EU member state + Norway, Iceland, Switzerland and Liechtenstein
You need a:
- Inscription in the National Register
- A valid residence permit
With these documents you can apply for a work permit C at:
VAC Gent, Koningin Maria Hendrikaplein 70 bus 60, 9000 Gent
Tel. 09 276 18 50 / Fax 09 276 18 55
You do not need a work permit C for work during school holidays.
Find a student job
Ask for more information at the social service of your host institution. It won’t be easy to find a student job as an exchange student. Most employers demand good knowledge of Dutch.
- Students of Ghent University, Artevelde University of Applied Sciences and HOGENT should contact the Ghent University Job Service for Students.
- Students of KU Leuven Technology Campus Ghent and University College Odisee should contact the Student Facilities (Gebroeders De Smetstraat 1).
- Students of KU Leuven Campus Sint-Lucas Ghent and LUCA School of Arts should contact the Student Social Services (Hoogstraat 41).