Looking for sport facilities in your neighbourhood? Find out where, what and when in Ghent!
Sports connect people. That is why the City of Ghent has decided to invest in sustainable sports infrastructure and swimming pools.
Some examples of what is on offer in Ghent:
- The Blaarmeersen Sports and Recreation Park – the green lung at de Blaarmeersen – is a large area boasting sports infrastructure and facilities to all tast.
- The Flanders Sports Arena is the place for sporting events at national, European and international level. This state-of-art multicultural hall has a capacity of over 5,000 people.
- BIOVER is one the world’s largest climbing gyms, boasting two indoor halls, with climbing walls of 16.5 m and 14.5 m.
- The city is investing in athletics and jogging through a wide range of facilities and events for all ages.
- The Six Days of Ghent, with its spectacular sprints at the legendary ‘t Kuipke indoor cycling track, attracts over 40,000 visitors, making it the highlight of Belgian track cycling. A tradition that dates back to 1922.