COVID-19: measures and FAQs
Coronavirus measures by the city of Ghent, frequently asked questions and general information about COVID-19 in Belgium.
Find out all current measures in Ghent (shops, restaurants, transport, activities etc) on Visit Gent, the official tourist information centre of the City of Ghent.
Contact your general practitioner. For more info on safety guidelines, read our quick guide.
Read all about when, where and how at www.info-coronavirus.be.
Go to www.info-coronavirus.be for all information about the different vaccines, the priority groups, and so on.
For more info on the vaccination strategy in Ghent, go to www.stad.gent/vaccinatie (in Dutch).
Information for international students
News and numbers
For recent figures of COVID-19 infections in Ghent (and other Belgian cities), visit Sciensano. For the latest news on COVID-19 measures and policy in Ghent, check out our information updates in English.
Face masks are mandatory for people aged 13 and over:
- on public transport and when taking a taxi
- in shops and busy streets and squares. Take a look at the overview map of all streets and squares where face masks are mandatory.
- in cinemas, theatres, concert halls and museums.
- at markets and in public buildings
- at cemeteries and funerals
- in hotels, restaurants and bars when moving from one place to another (e.g. when going to the toilet)
- when entering or leaving sports facilities, but not on sports fields.
- at the Blaarmeersen sports and recreational area, when moving from one place to another (e.g. when walking, jogging or cycling).
In certain Ghent streets, wearing a face mask is mandatory:
The below FAQs are a translation of the most frequently asked questions concerning the corona measures in Ghent. We try to keep them updated as much as we can. For a selection of frequently asked questions in 10 other languages, go to stad.gent/corona ('meertalige informatie').
Can't find what you're looking for? Call the Gentinfo service centre at +32 9 210 10 10 or ask your question via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Services provided by the City of Ghent
Social services and well-being
Low emission zone
Shops, hotels, restaurants and bars
Work and enterprises
- General information on COVID-19
- Current nationwide measures and FAQ
- Tips to protect yourself and your family
- Taking care of yourself and your emotions
- Belgian measures in several other languages
General information number: 0800 14 689
From outside Belgium: :+32 78151771 (Opening hours: from 9 a.m to 5 p.m (Monday - Friday)